Information & Communication Technologies
The use of ICT is an integral part of everyday learning at Star of the Sea.
In line with the policies and procedures of Catholic Education, Diocese of Rockhampton, our school seeks to:
- provide opportunities for students and teachers to engage with technologies that support innovative learning and new pedagogies;
- provide professional development opportunities for staff so that they are able to effectively use ICT across the curriculum;
- support student centred learning through learning spaces that integrate technologies;
- encourage a respect for the dignity of the individual associated with intellectual property, digital rights management, copyright, and privacy;
- encourage the appropriate use of ICT in Catholic schools which supports the underlying beliefs and values of Catholic education particularly in the areas of community and communication.